We invite you to join us once again for a "Plática Entre Vecinos" this week, on the topic of local government. Local government units are very important for our daily lives, but often we don't know who serves us in those offices, nor what their responsibilities are. What questions do we have, and what changes do we want to see, in the way our county, cities, and schools work? How can we get answers to those questions, and achieve those changes for our communities?
[Leer en español]
- Date: Thursday, February 20, 2020
- Time: 7:00 p.m.
- Place: Democratic Headquarters in Boerne, 518 E Blanco Rd (enter by the rear door of the Mary's Tacos building)
- Guest: Kevin Henning, Chair of the Democratic Party of Kendall County
- Topic: How local government works in Kendall County, and how to participate in it
I also want to remind you about three important opportunities in the coming weeks:
- Early voting for the primary elections begins this Tuesday, February 18, and lasts through Friday, February 28, and Election Day is Tuesday, March 3. Make your plans to vote!
- The citizenship workshop offered by American Gateways, about which Erika González informed us in a previous meeting, will be Saturday, February 28 at the South San ISD Administration Building, 5622 Ray Ellison Blvd. in San Antonio. For more information, call Erika at (210) 521-4768 ext. 233.
- The invitations to participate in the 2020 Census will start arriving by mail in mid-March, and as we discussed last time, it's crucially important that we all participate, whether by internet, phone or mail.